"Therefore, I tell to you, all that you ask for in prayer believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours." ~ Mk 11:24

Friday, January 29, 2010

So Proud

We're so proud of our little man. Last night, the last time he went in the potty before going to sleep was at 12:58am. He slept until 6:05am. He started stirring and stretching, what he usually does before waking up. Once he wakes, we usually rush him to the potty. But this morning, we thought he already went in his diaper, as it had been almost 6 hours. So we took a few minutes to just stare at him. He makes the funniest little noises while he was stretching. One day, I hope to catch it on film. Anyway... Thinking that he already soiled his diaper, I went to get him a fresh one while Jerry checked his diaper. To our amazement, his diaper wasn't soiled!! What?! Jerry and I both felt that diaper just to make sure. Sure enough - it's clean! So that meant that he held his urine for almost 6 hours!!! After realizing this, we immediately put him on the Baby Bjorn potty and he urinated right away. And as a bonus, he went poopy as well. He scared himself, as his gas was kind of loud. Oh the joys of parenthood! There's nothing like it!!

6 comments:

Hua said...

This is such a cute story! I'm excited for you and your family.

Best,
Hua
Director of Bloggers
wellsphere.com

Linda said...

Thank you very much!

Jill M. said...

Hey Linda,

What book did you read regarding elimination communication? I'm very intrigued.

Thanks,
Jill

Linda said...

Jill, I didn't buy books about elimination communication (EC). I figured why buy books if I can find out on the internet. So what I did was just Google 'elimination communication' and a lot of website popped up. Here are a few of my faves:

http://www.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/elimination-communication.html

http://www.diaperfreebaby.org/?&MMN_position=1:1

http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/Blog-EC.html

http://www.llli.org/NB/NBNovDec06p266.html

Good luck!

clm said...

Wow! This is amazing! You're going to save a fortune on organic diapers!

kayjay said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for stopping by with your comments on my blog. On starting solids, one thing I have noticed is that Victoria is very sensitive to the consistency of food in that I have to thin her food down quite a bit more than Caitlyn. If it's too thick, she will still gag so try thinning everything down with a lot of breast milk until it's soupy and maybe your little guy will make the transition a little better. If it helps, both my girls gagged during the first taste of solids although they didn't throw up. Good luck!